Thursday, June 21, 2007

the things we never thought we could be

It is officially official: we're moving June 30!! Our realtor... err, new land lady, called me today to tell us our application had been approved and we can move to Rice Avenue on June 30! And then I start July 2, whoaaa. And right when I starting to adjust to my job... Harry Potter 7 comes out!!! So totally cannot wait.

So, instead of working on my final two articles for the COE, I am writing about it here. =) I am actually really, really, excited about it now. It is starting to sink in a bit, me thinks. My HR person called me today, too and asked if I would like to get involved in the College Graduate Leadership Program at Borders, so I'm doing that now, too. As far as I can tell, it's a six-month program that pairs each recent grad with a mentor from another area of the company to learn, bond, all that good stuff. There are 12 people in the program, including myself, so it will be cool to get to know some more people my age -- and people outside of HR and the Communications departments. We will also be learning about different aspects of the company by working in the flagship store in Ann Arbor to really get a feel for the company. So basically, it sounds a lot like the intern stuff I did at IBM, which is cool, because that was really helpful. It was the only way I ever met anyone except for my office mate, which is great because I still keep in touch with a few of them today, thanks to Facebook. =P

On to the house. I basically described it in my last post, but I am just really happy we found a place that works so well for us. Oscar can come, it has a garage and it's getting new carpet and wall paint so it's quite livable. Now if Steven could only find a job by the end of the summer, we would be set for a while. It looks like the month of July is going to be pretty awesome: it's Steven's birthday, my grandpa's 80th birthday, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is coming out and Order of the Phoenix is coming to theaters! I just started re-reading the series again two days ago (am on Prisoner of Azkaban now) and it has completely renewed my obsession. If Snape ends up being evil though, man... he better die. In the wise words of Stan Lee: "'Nuff said." And I still think J.K. Rowling will come back to the series and do a prequel, after her next book bombs. Because it will; how could anyone ever top debuting with Harry Potter? Exactly, she couldn't. I mean, everyone will buy it because of Harry Potter, then realize that HP was 100 times better and she will have to write another one in 25 years. Yes, we have it all planned out.

Now I will stop rambling. Moving in nine days, whoo hoo!

Song: "Here is Gone," Goo Goo Dolls

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So I just rediscovered your blog and it's fantastic!