Sunday, June 17, 2007

Closing Time

So, I am moving to Michigan in two weeks (13 days, if you want to be technical). I can still hardly believe it; it's happened so fast. In less than three weeks time I had my job interviews and then the job offer from Borders... and they wanted me to start about two weeks from that time, haha. Obviously finding housing in a town I am completely unfamiliar with was a challenge, let alone when you want to find a place that will let you move in in less than a two-week notice. But, we basically made it happen -- I just had to push my start date back from June 25 to July 2. Not bad, I say.

Anyway, Steve and I just got back from house hunting in Michigan and it went pretty well, given all the excess baggage we have with our animals. =) We looked at two house -- both horribly expensive, but not for Ann Arbor and are currently in the process of signing the lease on one. It's in Ypsi, has a two-car detached garage, full basement, three bedrooms, one and one-half bath. It's pretty decent for a rental; I will post photos eventually, if I remember. =P Now I am just tying up things here in Athens -- packing, seeing people that are still around and finishing up my last three articles for the Athenaeum.

More detail later, for now I am too exhausted to really think about. Until then.

1 comment:

Monty said...

Ah, Ypsilanti, home of the world's most phallic-like water tower.