Tuesday, June 26, 2007

All the roads we have to walk along are winding

We're moving in four days!! Today is my last day at work at the COE, and then I'm just home for the rest of the week, working on packing and cleaning and organizing. All three of which are much-needed -- the house is such a wreck, probably unsurprisingly. So it will be good for me to finally get everything done by Friday, with any luck... on time.

I am starting to get more nervous about starting at Borders, but the good news is that I feel more prepared to leave Athens now. I'll still miss it, of course, but I am looking forward to exploring Ann Arbor and finally being able to settle down, at least for a while. This is the third time Steven and I are moving in less than 12 months, so it will be nice to be able to definitely stay somewhere for at least a year (regardless of whether I end up loving Borders, or being miserable there, heh). I just sincerely hope that the job ends up being worth all of this effort. It has already ended up to be quite a financial burden, so I know that no matter how the job ends up working out, we have to stay there at least for a year to work out more secure finances... and loan payments are coming in less than six months. Ack. So, exactly: I hope it's all worth it. I think it will be, and hey, that may just be optimistic thinking, but so be it. At this point, I have to be. =)

In other news, my graduation party was this past Saturday. It was much better than I expected. I finally got to meet my new little cousin Jacob; he's five months old and a total butterball. He looks way older than five months too, he's quite tall for his age. =) And he is completely chill and smiley and adorable. He wasn't fussy at all, even with 30 Bonomini's, Martini's and others all over him, which is a total disaster for most people. haha. But anyway. I really enjoyed seeing some of the more distant fam I only see about twice a year. Now I've seen them twice in two months because of Lauren's wedding. So yeah, it was good, despite the disastrous food and the fact that a certain Gary was there. haha. Laura and Andrea even came, and it was great to see them before moving. And I got to see Linda last Friday, which was awesome since I hadn't seen her since March. We got to catch up, and I saw her photos from Equador. All in all, not a bad weekend in Cincinnati. That might be because I know I won't have to see any of them for a few months now since I'm moving, but you know. Like I said, I'm trying this whole positive thinking thing out. It was fun because they're such fun people!

Riiight. All right, back to my last few hours of work at McCracken... Next time I post, it will probably be from Michigan!

Song: my favorite Oasis song ever, "Wonderwall"

No comments: