Monday, November 23, 2009

Bill Willingham

He's written Elementals, Ironwood, Fables. Pantheon, Propsition Players, Shadowpact. And now, his first Fables' novel "Peter & Max."

Of all of his comics, the only ones I've read so far are Fables, Ironwood and Jack of Fables. Because of those three, I want to read everything Willingham I can get my hands on. Fables is by far my favorite series I've read. I'll admit: I have not read nearly as many comics as most I know who get into them. I have a hard time with the straight-up superhero stuff, but I like some of the Vertigo/fantasy stuff out there. And Fables is the best of what's out there.

Willingham's latest spin-off from the popular series is the novel "Peter & Max," which tells the tell of Peter Piper and his brother, Max. Darker than most of the graphic novels the book is based on, it was as engrossing and entertaining as any other piece in the series.


Highly recommend it.

No comments: