Sunday, November 9, 2008

I think winter has arrived. for real, this time.

OK, it's starting already. There was snow on my car today. It's been too much of a sporadic rain/snow mix to actually stick to the ground, but it's slick enough and already sticking to my car.

I know everyone cares about this as much as I do.

So that I don't make this yet another entry of whining about the weather, some random good news for you:

• I finally saw Avenue Q with Neil yesterday and absolutely loved it. Good company, good show, good food afterward (all you can eat Brazilian Steakhouse - I'm pretty sure you can't go wrong). That is what it is all about. If you have not yet seen and have the opportunity, I highly recommend. I hadn't been to a show in ages and want to try to go more than once a year, again (Spamalot is coming to Detroit in February...).

• My boss is going down to part time in two months. I can last another two months. And then, I can go back to being grateful for the fact that I actually have a job in southeastern Michigan and all that.

• I'm going on a double date to see the Killers in January.

• I am 98 percent sure I will be going back to the U.K. in the Spring. About flippin' time, eh? And I'm 98 percent sure Neil is coming, too, which makes it that much better. (Yes, I'm a sap).

• I will actually be getting a holiday bonus this year (apparently, everyone at the company gets at least a few hundred dollars). This is an unbelievably nice change from getting pro-rated raises that don't cover inflation. I'm just sayin'.

OK, I'm done. Someday, I will actually figure out what I am doing with this thing and make a proper blog. Maybe. =P

9 comments:

Thomas said...

any raise is better than nothing. This year I got less than 1 percent.

Nicole Bonomini said...

Wow, really? That's scary. You should send me your e-mail so I stop trying to find about your life via blog comments, I think. =P

Kat said...

Hey my position is budgeted... I will never get a raise! And I totally bet I already make way less than you! :-)

Anonymous said...

I work two jobs, and I think combined my two pay checks are less than what you guys make. 3 time less than Thomas, that turd. Last year I got a 11 cent raise.

Bah. Humbug.

Thomas said...

hey everyone has to have someone to complain too.

Nicole Bonomini said...

Hahaha. Whoo hoo for employment and raises! (or complete lack-thereof...)

Kat said...

Actually, Laura makes more than me with her two jobs, AND she's a lucky dog and doesn't pay rent! And Jonmikel only works like 45 hours a week and STILL makes more than me! :-)

Anonymous said...

you make less than $800 a month? thats not even 10,000 a year. I can't afford to pay rent, I pay 600 in school loans every month. its not like i want to live here, where i'm still grounded for not cleaning my room.

Heather said...

lol...The preschool I work for doesn't have money for raises, not that it matters because I've only been there three weeks. haha

But yay, I have a blogspot now so now I'm going to be stalking you. ;-)

Oh and btw, you guys in Michigan can keep the snow. Cincinnati doesn't want any this year. :-P