Sunday, November 23, 2008

He said it best with "bittersweet"

I sat down to write this about an hour ago and ended up catching up with a fabulous old friend on chat and have absolutely no clue what I wanted to type about, now. So, I suppose I'll just type about him, instead.

It still sometimes amazes me who I have kept in touch with from high school and college. One of the girls I spent more of my time with than anyone in high school was one of the first people I lost touch with. Of course, I suppose there will always be people in life who you expect to be there forever, or a part of your life for the vast majority of it, and how often does that really happen? At least in the capacity you expect...

Five years later, it's down to about a handful, and it's something of a surprising, sporadic group, I suppose. Some people, who I weren't really particularly close to in high school, I talk to on a more regular basis now. Other relationships haven't really changed at all, and Mouse is totally one of them. It still amazes me that I haven't seen him in years (I think we've seen each other three times since 2003), yet when we do... it's like no time has passed. I mean sure, when I actually physically see him it is pretty awkward at first (especially unexpectedly -- can we say: Borders, Mr. Harris, Steven. Circa 2005. Unbelievable.). Heh. But, on person and online it's the same it has always been.

Man I've been sentimental lately. I'm sure it's a phase, too. =P I will digress before I go on too much about how much I love everyone. heh.

It really is funny, how the world turns.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Isn't it funny how that works out? I've been thinking about my friendships lately and find myself amazed at the people I still talk to, even after so long and that goes for the OU crowd too of course.

Are you coming to Cincy at all for the holidays? I need some Nicole time in my life...and soon! :-)

Zen Rocker! said...

I can only say... never write anyone off. It is amazing who you can find yourself talking to after years of nothing. Life isn't static... we all keep moving... and sometimes we cross paths again with those we thought long gone.

It's all good.

Nicole Bonomini said...

To that end, sometimes you have to learn to let people go, too. =P