Sunday, May 20, 2007

So let go and jump in... it's all amazing



My sister's married; I still can't believe it. It doesn't feel like such a long time ago that she was calling me up and telling me about this guy she had met Hoffbrau Haus. But it was nearly fours ago and now Lauren has become Lauren Blackburn. It's crazy. It makes me feel so old, and I of course teared up like the biggest baby in the ceremony. It's crazy. How many times can I say it's crazy? MY sister is married. Wow.


And the whole experience was so much more fun than I thought. OK. I know that people should expect weddings to be fun and blah blah blah... but those people do not know my family, haha. Especially when you have to be in the wedding, because then it is so much more stressful. But it was amazing. Not picture perfect of course -- there was more than a couple of snags =P -- but Lauren was beautiful, (although the photo on the left isn't the best choice, haha), everyone had fun, etc. etc. And it turns out, Steve looks pretty good in a tux, haha.


See? I was pretty proud of him. =) Anyway, I know I always just write in this thing on Sundays.. my fabulous way of procrastinating, but sometime I really will get around to actually writing in this thing through the week. I will go on and on all about the wedding I'm sure. But for now, I think the visuals speak pretty well for themselves. Now that wedding plans and craziness have cooled off for a bit, I will have more time! Oh and one more thing: title, from Frou Frou's "Let Go." I guess I should start some homework tonight, since I'm about 150 pages behind on stupid "Between the Acts." I didn't know Virginia Woolf could be so painful... Til next time, then.

2 comments:

Monty said...

Weddings strike me as something that you purchase a day of joy with a year of stress.

And I like the name Blackburn.

Eclecticbookwrm said...

Sometimes they end up being worth it, though. Celebrations always come after stress, accomplishment, strife or hardship... it makes sense weddings would fall under that same category. It IS terribly stressful, but I think for most people, it is worth it.