Monday, November 21, 2011

For a dreary Monday afternoon

I'm a life-long reader, meaning: reading books and all that it entails is the only thing I have ever done with my life with any real consistency. Everything else falls to the wayside. I've tried soccer, I've tried roller derby, I've tried horseback riding (that one is second ... but not a close second), running, basketball, journalism.

But I am always a reader. And when I think about the time, and space and relationships that have been devoured, for the sake of that next page, that next scene, that next author, that next book I have to have ... it's really quite pathetic, really.

26 years, countless hours melting into days and weeks and months. And all that it means to? Some 450 books. I read and all that it it amounts to is some 450 books that I have actually read.

Not much, is it?

2 comments:

Kat said...

Dude, I knew you were into roller derby, but I didn't know you actually tried it! That's hot! How was it?

Eclecticbookwrm said...

Hah! I went through a mini "boot camp" pre-try outs, and didn't actually try out. Just trained and became a season-ticket holder. If you ever make it to MI, we will definitely have to check out the DDG. It's a good time.