Friday, November 12, 2010

lesen

This started out as a post about the Shadowleague trilogy (original intent, anyway), and ended up like this:

The entire living room is filled with books: only science fiction. Four bookshelves, and we still had to stick two more in the spare bedroom.

And that only covers science fiction/fantasy. The rest of the spare bedroom is children and young adult. The dining room is poetry. The bedroom is just two shelves of all the books we want to read "soon." The basement is fiction, but only the first three shelves of it. Behind the fake bamboo room in the basement, Neil has 40,000 comics and graphic novels.

And I still haven't gotten to the boxes of books we have yet to unpack -- history, philosophy, the rest of fiction. We can't use the garage, because it is filled with bookshelves we won't have room for until we finish the basement.

It's kind of disgusting, really. This is why I sit at home, alone on Friday nights, reading and writing about what I read.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

idea. sell them all except those few that you must have. use the money to take awesome trip. get library card for all future book usage.

thats what i did and it worked great (well i paid rent with my money, but it was still great)

Eclecticbookwrm said...

Where did you sell them? As they are almost all Neil's, I am not sure he will let me. But I have to be honest: I kind of agree: we have WAY too many books. He is totally OCD about it, much worse than I am.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.