Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The February Thaw

February already. I have been at my job for for almost seven months now, and for the first time ever, I actually had a good day at work.

My boss was not at work, as she works from home now.

My boss is no longer my boss, but a part-time graphic designer.

I went out to lunch with co-workers and we vented about my boss who is not my boss for an hour and a half.

It was beautiful.

Then I came back to the office where I worked on a project I wanted to work on, not that someone made me do... while listening to Uh Huh Her and U2.

Uh, yeah.

Why yes Bono, it is a beautiful day (and I totally just said that even though it is 5 degrees outside and supposed to get down to -4 tonight).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay niki, thats great!

Thomas said...

what would you say you actually do here?

Anonymous said...

Today at work, I.... played with stickers and editied pictures so i could put them on my blog. I could totally be fired and it wouldnt make any difference at all...

Nicole Bonomini said...

Here, as in at work? Or are you just talking to Laura? Either way, my job consists of writing and editing lots: writing articles for our Web site, quarterly magazine and online mini mags... project management, e-campaigns and press releases. I play with Web sites, too. It's actually fun when the people are nice.

Thomas said...

it was to you niki, i know what laura does (apparently plays with stickers). Where do you work?