Monday, December 1, 2008

Holiday Weekends and Everyday Occurences

A few random thoughts that I can't put together into a cohesive entry (except like this, with no segues):

Don't ever, ever drive back home from a family visit on the Sunday after a major holiday. If you live out of town, it will be a terrible experience, I promise.

I don't know why I still want to get married when I know from more than one experience how little it really means, particularly if it has no religious significance for you. But I do. I think I need that assurance, no matter how false it is.

I find that to be sad and upsetting.

I still think I would be happier working for a bookstore (if not necessarily for a bookstore company... =P)

I hate that I hold on at all the wrong times, and let go when I shouldn't. Apparently it is not only my gaydar that malfunctions consistently. Or is maybe just broken.

Oscar is once again living with me. That makes me very, very happy. And better yet, he and Chewy seem to be good influences on one another. Oscar keeps Chewy calm when they are home alone, and Chewy makes Oscar get a little bit of exercise (in all the right ways, I hope, or pretend, anyway). heh.

The right music can ruin my mood or make me feel better immediately. I find that to be incredibly comforting. Books do the same thing. That may explain while I can't stop listening to The Beatles, Aimee Mann or Tuesday Tunes and Jamfests right now. And also why I currently can't handle anything more in depth than Fables or YA fantasy at the moment in the literary world. And why I am consistently seeking out Edna again.

Silly holidays.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

read City of Ember

Zen Rocker! said...

I think I once said, "We are, all of us, infinite." Some other guy said something famous about "multitudes" or some such.

Don't hate it... revel in it.

I love blog posts like this. SOC at its best.

Kat said...

I have this silly girly desire for a wedding, too, so don't feel alone! But see, I think you can make your wedding mean whatever you want it to. That's what's nice about having a wedding that DOESN'T have religious significance. It can be a day to celebrate you and the way you feel about your relationship, not necessarily anything else. You make it mean what YOU want it to mean.

Sorry this isn't clever or irreverent... But sometime I'm just so serious :-)

Nicole Bonomini said...

Heh, well it's not like I gave you much to work with! =P

Sometimes, I like serious.

And City of Ember is totally on my list.