Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Things and places I miss in Ohio

A random compilation:

• Being able to walk everywhere in Athens
• Friends, particularly seeing them and talking to them on a much more frequent basis.
• Salaam
• Joseph-Beth
• Sadie and the animals
• Having two license plates (Seriously, Michigan doesn't give you two license plates... how off is that?)
• MY Borders (Yes, it's mine, and yes, I miss it... even if I do work there now).
• The brick roads
• Alden
• Film Fest
• Graeter's
• Marching 110
• The old Front Room, where getting free tea was one of the highlight of spring '06.
• Going to the movies in Kentucky (OK, so not in Ohio -- even so).
• Cross Court and Mountain Laurel
• The Athena and the sticky floors
• GAS PRICES -- they are ridiculous here
• Knowing my way around and actually understanding the politics
• I WILL miss the weather. I already know this because the winters here already terrify me.
• Athens in general; it's so beautiful there, even if it is in the middle of nowhere. I miss the space and am sick of the suburbia that is AA already.
• The Diner
• Skyline. Desperately miss Skyline. Must remember to bring cans back with me when I go back to Cincy again. Yes.
• Newport and the Hoffbrau Haus
• Star and the barn
• The river
• The mound... going there on sunny days was one of my favorite things.


....To be continued.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget Marching 110 - Steve