Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Ok, I give up on the song thing all the time. When I get off work I am too tired to think...

Sorry. The song thing seemed like such a great idea at the time, but eh. I can just do crappy titles (see above), and if you're still reading this, then who cares, right?

There were so many depressing things in the news today, I don't know where to begin. BP was just given the OK on dumping 50 percent more mercury in Lake Michigan today. Mountain gorillas are being killed in the Congo. Dog fighting doesn't get nearly enough press, and so few people seem to care about it, etc. etc.

Anyway, I don't really have much to say, I just wanted some place to put some random thoughts... And if it sounds like bitching, tough crap.

I'm sick of feeling awkward and not knowing anyone. I may not have had many close friends at OU, but at least I usually had people to talk to. Here, it just gets old. I really, really miss having a best friend. I haven't had one in a while, I don't know when the last time was I had a real, do anything together, always there for you kind of friend. High school, maybe. Probably. And as great as Steven is (most of the time, heh), it gets really depressing after the while. I can't pretend to be care-free and chipper all the time, dammit. The peoiple I work with in AA are great; it's just that... they are all from here, or only two hours away, and they all already have their normal group of friends. You can move on and move out, but it doesn't necessarily change anything.

And so it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nicole this entry makes me so sad! I wish you weren't so far away and I wish last year we hadn't drifted as much as we did. I hate that Reslife sucked the life out of me, on top of my classes and gave me no time for friends.

I know it's the typical line but seriously, call me ANYTIME! All I do this summer is work (aka babysit) so I always have my phone on and I'm always looking for adult conversation. I don't want the fact that we're now four or five hours (maybe more?? I don't know! :-P ) apart to tear us apart even further.

Plus, we have spring break to look forward to because we are totally going to Disney! And you can tell Steve that there will be one night where he and Adam will have to amuse themselves because we girls are going to have a girls night where we all sleep in the same room and stay up all night eating junk food and just talking about girl things because I think it will be great for all of us.

I truly do miss you like crazy and it's going to be so hard to not have you in Athens this year to randomly call up and hang out with. PLEASE come visit us so we can remember who you are!

And remember-I love you and I am ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS here and willing to talk whenever you need a friend. :-)

Love,
Heather